Renewable Energy Integration
Manitoba is known as the hydro-electric province of Canada, with about 95 per cent of its electricity generated from clean, renewable water.
As a subsidiary of Manitoba Hydro, MHI recognizes the importance of clean renewable energy sources. We assist clients with their projects around the world and have devoted years to the development and understanding of models and simulations. Our knowledge and experiences have made us experts in this field. We have specialized in doubly-fed induction generator (DFIG) models and wind farm simulations. Our models have been recognized as the industry standard for sub-synchronous resonance (SSR) and sub-synchronous control interaction (SSCI) screening.
We offer our clients an array of solutions in the following areas:
- System integration/impact studies (wind and solar)
- System operation and short-term planning studies
- Sub-synchronous resonance (SSR) investigation
- FACTs and synchronous condenser based solutions for performance improvement
- Collector system design, over voltage and harmonic analysis
- Wind system custom equipment model development
Please contact us for more information about all the services we can provide you.