Sub-synchronous Resonance Study
Electric Reliability Council of Texas (United States of America)
We were awarded a joint project with PwrSolutions Inc. to provide the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) with training and technical assistance in detection and analysis of sub-synchronous resonance risk and control interaction in the ERCOT bulk electric system.
This project included the following scope of services:
- Review and assess the technical analysis provided regarding sub-synchronous resonance and control interaction risks to particular units and grid locations.
- Provide quality assurance and quality control on issues related to modeling and analysis of sub-synchronous control interaction.
- Deliver a set of guidelines associated with modeling requirements and sub-synchronous control interaction screening methodology.
- Provide technical support.
- Conduct training courses.