Case Building (Compiling) Issues
This article suggests solutions when Build errors occur when compiling PSCAD cases using a FORTRAN compiler.
1. Troubleshooting Tips
- If you are running your cases from a network drive, please note that this is not supported. The solution is to move your cases to a local drive, and run the cases from there.
- Refer to Section 7 of the attached manual for solutions to known compiling issues.
2. Obtaining Assistance from the Support Desk
- Please perform a test of your setup to help to determine how to proceed:
- Load this case into PSCAD: C:\Users\Public\Documents\PSCAD\4.x\Examples\tutorial\vdiv.pscx
- Run the case.
- If there are any errors when running the example case, there is an issue with your setup. If so, you could generate a Fortran medic log file as per the instructions below, and send this in to our Support Desk as per this article. Also, please send in your Build Messages (left-click in the Build pane, right-click to display a menu, select "Copy", then paste the copied text and send this to our Support Desk).
- Or, if there are no errors when running the example case, your setup is good, and the issue is related to your custom project. If so, you could provide the following information to our Support Desk as per this article:
- Indicate your versions of PSCAD, Intel Fortran and Microsoft Visual Studio. If you do not know this information, you could generate a Medic log file as per the instructions below and send this in. The Medic will detect your software and list it in a log file.
- And, do one of the following two options:
- Send in your project files so that we can run them on a test machine (preferred option).
- Or, if unable to send in your project files due to confidentiality, please run your project, and send in all text in the Build Messages pane, which includes Messages / Warnings / Errors, for our review.
3. Sending in the Fortran Medic Log File
To help us to review your setup, the Fortran Medic tool may be run on your machine to detect the relevant software, and the generated log file may be sent in to our office as follows:
- Download the latest “FortranMedic” from our website:
- Unzip the downloaded file, save it to a local drive, and run the FortranMedic.exe file.
- Click on the Actions menu and select Start.
- After the utility is done retrieving information, click on the Actions menu and select Save Messages. The FortranMedic message window will display the location of the saved messages text file on your computer.
- Send in the log fileto our Support Desk as per this article.