The following are setup instructions for switching a license from a Single-User License (SUL) to a Multi-User License (MUL):
- Send a request to update your SUL to an MUL to the Sales Desk (email@example.com); ensure to provide your license number.
Once approved, you will be provided an updated License.txt file. Unzip this file if applicable, and save it to your machine (if using a server, save it to the server; if not using a server, save it to your PSCAD machine). Please also indicate whether you require a software download (PSCAD, License Manager).
- Display the Setup manual.
- Refer to Appendix A of the above manual to plan how the License Manager will be configured. For example, for the procedure below, you will need to know whether any of the PSCAD client machines reside on networks that are different than the one on which the server resides.
- On the server machine, save the updated License.txt file, then install and configure the License Manager as per Section 2.5.
When prompted to install a license, select “Yes”, and you will be prompted to browse to the License.txt file that you saved to this machine.
- Plug in the associated USB lock on the server machine.
- Install and license the software on the PSCAD client machines as per Sections 2.4, 3.9, and 3.3.