FACE - Field and Corona Effects
FACE provides faster solutions for determining the overall corona and field effects of high voltage AC, DC, or AC/DC hybrid transmission lines, such as:
- Corona loss
- Audible noise
- Radio interference
- Magnetic and static electric fields
- Ionized fields, ion charges, and ion currents
FACE calculates the audible noises and corona losses using empirical formulas developed by industry standards. It computes radio interferences with the semi-analytical method, where generating functions available in literature have been implemented as a user-selectable parameter. A frequency domain model analysis technique is utilized to rigorously examine the effects of transmission line geometrics.
The charge-free fields are calculated by the methods of successive images. Ionized fields at and above ground plane for DC, as well as AC/DC hybrid cases, are computed by implementing an algorithm for non-linear two-point initial value problems.
Features and benefits include:
- User friendly and intuitive GUI
- Analyzes the fields and corona effects for AC, DC, and AC/DC hybrid transmission line
- Evaluates the lateral profiles of the field and corona effects in a user-selectable manner
- Calculates corona loss versus rain rates ranging from 0 to 20 mm/hr
- Higher-order successive image method for calculating conductor surface gradients
- Demonstrates ionized electric fields under Deutsch’s assumption
- Allows customizability with measuring height
Please contact us for more information and pricing.