Applications of PSCAD and Transient Studies
Location: SPIN - Via F. Corselli, 11 - Piacenza, Italy
Manitoba Hydro International Ltd. in collobaration with Spin Applicazioni Magnetiche would like to invite you to attend a PSCAD training course prior to EPE 19'.
This course covers the fundamentals applicable to the study of electromagnetic transients in electrical networks. A number of application areas such as:
- General overview of EMT transients and simulation;
- AC transients including 9 Transformer energizing, line energizing, breaker TRV and capacitor switching;
- Renewable integration studies - wind and solar PV;
- Application of FACTS devices to mitigate dynamic response issues;
- Power quality;
- Other power systems topics will be discussed with practical examples serving to illustrate the subjects. Several case studies will be applied in detail to highlight practical situations encountered by engineers in the field.
Duration: 3 Days
Who should attend?
This course is intended for practicing engineers, graduate students, and researchers in power systems and power electronics, who are interested in developing an in depth understanding of the modern tools available for the analysis of transient events in the network. The course is intended for existing PSCAD users as well as introductory users.
Previous experience with the PSCAD software tool is not required.
The price for commercial companies to attend this training course will be $350 (EUR) and there is no cost for students.
Space is limited and registration is required.
Please contact us if you have questions. We are looking forward to seeif you there!